Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dinner Divas

Once in a while someone or something comes into your life that completely changes things. I can think of a few off of the top of my head:
Jesus Christ
TX
Willie
Nate and Anna
Legacy PCA
Each of these has changed my life! About a year ago, the Dinner Divas joined that list. As a mommy who part-time home schools, works, and balances motherhood, marriage, a clean house, etc. my divas have changed my life!

Once a month, 8 of my sweet friends and I get together. We all bring 8 prepared recipes to our host's house. At the end of the evening, I come home with 8 meals ready to go. These meals last me the entire month. I do not have to cook dinner...EVER! Life changing! Brilliant.

 Preparing for the Dinner Divas.


This month, I prepared Dressed-up Meatballs. YUMMO!


I came home with:
Lentil Soup w/Knockworst
Breakfast casserole
Penne Pasta with sausage in a cream sauce
BBQ pulled pork
Chicken Spaghetti
Turkey Empanadas
Spaghetti Casserole (w/homemade noodles...yeah, Jennifer!)
and of course, my own meal: Dressed Up Meatballs

We bring the meals to our hosts house frozen and ready to go. All we have to do is heat, defrost, and enjoy!

Here is what a Dinner Divas' freezer looks like:

Have you ever seen anything more beautiful? ;)
I actually have about 13 meals in there. We're fully stocked since we were out of town for a bit in Dec. Each Divas meal last for at least 2 nights. 

We have a blog where we post recipes and cooking instructions. This way we can make sure we don't double up on too many chicken or casserole dishes in any given month. It also puts all of our recipes and cooking instructions in one place. Genius.

One of the best parts about Dinner Divas is that we try new recipes every month, and our family does not get bored with the same old 15-20 meals that I cook. It adds variety to our lives. Fabulous.

Each month's meal costs me anywhere from $60-$80. So, for that amount I come home with a month's worth of meals to feed my family. Economical.

And, alas, here are my divas (minus Marci and Kim...props to our "subs" this month Anjanette and Kristin)!
"We make freezer cooking look good!"

What recipe do you cook that freezes well? Comment below and let me know. I'm always looking for new recipes for the Divas! 

1 comments:

Katy & Bryan said...

This is BRILLIANT!! How did you get this started?!