Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ft. Worth Adventure

One of my very favorite friends from my Baylor days lives in Ft. Worth. Several years ago we agreed that we would always make an effort to get together for our kiddos birthdays. For the past 5 years, we've done a pretty good job of keeping that promise. This year, Willie had to work on Saturday, so I packed myself and the kids in the Suburban to head to Ft. Worth solo for Maddie's 5th bday.

All was going well, until I found myself lost in downtown Ft. Worth with no phone and two very tired and cranky kids. Luckily, some good Samaritans and my husband were able to help me find my way to Angie's house. The 4 hour journey was worth the trip. The kids had a blast at the bday party, and I had precious time with my friends, Angie and Natalie (and Dustan and Steven, too)! 

Here are a few pics from Maddie's gymnastics party.

 Anna and Maddie playing with the parachute. Look at their curls!

 Nate on the rope swing.


 Time for cake!
 Nate and Barbie.
 Anna and Noah playing after the party.
 Nate, Maddie, and Brynlee
I couldn't believe that I didn't get a picture with my friends this weekend. It's amazing how times change. It's all about the kids now! 

Happy 5th Birthday, sweet Maddie!



1 comments:

Amy Law said...

I love, love, love the picture of you and Anna. So stinking cute!!